Egyptian Central Bank Governor Tareq Amer, during a press statement to Reuters news agency, said that Egypt is in talks with the official with the International Monetary Fund, in order to use its technical expertise in structural reforms, aimed at creating a state of growth during the coming period, stressing that an offer was rejected. From the fund to obtain a loan because the country does not need it, indicating that Egypt's priority now is to go directly to the international market and not to the fund, while the pound started recovering against the dollar.
This comes at a time when the dollar continued its bleeding decline against the Egyptian pound, recording its lowest decline in a year by two pounds. After it was recording 17:80 and was approaching breaking the 18 pounds barrier, it started the sudden decline that continued until the present time, and today it has decreased Again in 9 banks at the end of Tuesday's trading, compared to Monday's prices.
On the other hand, many economic reports, quoting some experts, revealed that it is the green paper, will continue to decline in front of the local process during the coming period, amid expectations of reaching 15.5 pounds, then falling below 15 pounds as well, citing the country's economic growth and improvement, and a decline The percentage of import, in addition to increasing the value of remittances from Egyptians from abroad.
And about the price of the American dollar a little while ago in some Egyptian governmental and private banks, the following was recorded:
- The price of the dollar fell by a penny at Banque du Caire, recording 15.67 pounds for purchase, and 15.77 pounds for sale.
- Al Ahly Bank and Egypt: 15.69 pounds for purchase and 15.79 pounds for sale.
- Register with the Commercial International Bank: 15.66 pounds for purchase and 15.76 pounds for sale.
- Register with the Bank of Alexandria: 15.66 pounds for purchase and 15.76 pounds for sale.
- Credit Agricole: 15.67 pounds for purchase, 15.77 pounds for sale.
- Housing & Development Bank: 15.66 pounds for purchase, 15.76 pounds for sale.
- Suez Canal Bank: 15.66 pounds for purchase, 15.76 pounds for sale.
- Al Baraka Bank: 15.68 pounds for purchase and 15.78 pounds for sale.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank: 15.70 pounds and 15.80 pounds for sale.