The Italian team's AphaTauri AT01, 2020, has been unveiled. The second Red Bull team, known as Toro Rosso until last season, adopted the name AlphaTauri this year, a ready-to-wear brand created by the Austrian beverage. First images of the car were revealed after a ceremony at Hangar-7, a place owned by Red Bull in Salzburg.
The blue and red livery of Toro Rosso is abandoned. The AlphaTauri AT01 will be white and midnight blue, with the brand logo on the bonnet and pontoons. AlphaTauri opted for a matte livery, a fashion launched by Red Bull and taken over by Ferrari and McLaren.
Like the Toro Rosso since 2018, the AlphaTauri AT01 will be powered by the Honda V6. The Japanese engine manufacturer is also on the main team of Red Bull. The AlphaTauri shares its suspensions and its gearbox with the Red Bull RB16. The first race of the car is scheduled for Saturday, on the Misano circuit, with Daniil Kvyat at the wheel.
AlphaTauri is the second ready-to-wear brand to have its F1 team after Benetton, who led Michael Schumacher to his first two titles, in 1994 and 1995.
The AphaTauri AT01 will be entrusted to Pierre Gasly
This year, AlphaTauri will roll Pierre Gasly, who returned to the team in 2019, and Daniil Kvyat, sprawling back last season. The Frenchman and his teammate both won a podium last year.
For its last season under the name Toro Rosso, the Italian team ranked sixth in the championship. It thus equaled the best result in its history.
On the same topic :
– Mercedes F1 W11: The team presents its F1 2020
– Ferrari SF1000: Here is the F1 2020 of the Scuderia
– Red Bull RB16: The team unveils its new F1
– McLaren MCL35: The F1 2020 of the English team revealed
– Renault R.S.20: The first images revealed
– Haas VF-20: The first F1 2020 unveiled!
– Coronavirus: The Chinese Grand Prix postponed
– F1 2020: Drivers, teams and calendar
– The schedule of tests and presentations
– TV and streaming: On which channels to follow F1 in 2020?
– F1 2020 calendar