Now, we all spend a lot of time over the screen of our smartphones. Most have no idea how much time we spend on each app we have on the smartphone per day or even week. However, iOS does allow us to see how much time we spend on each app.
Detecting usage time through Screen Time
- The first and foremost source of information on how much we use each iPhone app is Screen Time, which we find in the settings app.
- The first thing we see when we open this menu is a graph that shows how much time we spend using our smartphone as well as the average usage per day. Just below the graph is the “See All Activity” option.
- As soon as we click on this option, a new graph appears showing how much time we spend in each application category. Below the graph is the list of most used applications. Each of the applications indicates next to it the time we spend on it.
In addition, we can navigate through the time of the previous days or even weeks to compare data and consider whether we have reduced or increased the time we spend on our mobile.
Detect usage time through battery consumption
- Another way, though not as accurate, to see how much time we spend on each application is from the battery usage menu.
- On the home screen we mainly see the battery consumption. However, as with the Screen Time menu, here is the “See All Activity” option. By clicking on this option we can see even more details on how much time we spend using each application.
How much time do you spend on your cellphone every day? Would you say it is necessary to reduce its use?