With the advent of the coronavirus, the world turned upside down within days. Markets closed, people rushed to shops and stocked food and essentials. How do I get my hands on the queue and crowd in the store? What is the solution? Buy from local providers – farms near you.
If we follow the developments, as well as our personal experiences, the purchases on Slovenian farms have increased considerably recently or since the arrival of the coronavirus. Most consumers, however, still most often go to the nearest supermarket after buying fruit or vegetables. For them, the change is to make food bought from a local farmer, a big challenge as they are not used to it. That's why they need it user friendly application.
Another problem is that most local providers do not have their own website. Even if they have their offer posted online, this is often not all they offer.
There is now a new solution on the market, a project you can join completely free. Go2Farms it allows Slovenian farms to be able to do so now when it is most needed for free they publish and update their offer to https://www.go2farms.si/.
Project father Jure Adlesic says they wanted to offer the market as soon as possible, and that's how Go2Farms came into being. The project allows free registration to farms, who can sign up and update their current offer and search for farms with food supplies you need as a buyer.
Among other things, you will find on the website:
See more at VIDEU.
The project Go2Farms however, it has only just come to life, and there are many ideas for further development, says Jure. Currently there are quite a few providers involved, and you can find the one near you on the map. Below the map is a search engine where you enter the food you are looking for – and you will already see where you can order it or go to the farm simply to search (it is not necessary for every farm to have delivery). Day by day the provider base grows. It is Juret's desire to bring healthy home-cooked food to the consumer even after the end of an emergency.
6 reasons to eat locally grown food:
- locally produced food is healthier than imported food – no further spraying was required for transport and storage,
- locally grown food tastes better than imported – ripen in natural conditions and not on a cargo ship or truck,
- locally produced food is more environmentally friendly – significantly less protective materials are used, transport waste is also eliminated…
- By buying locally produced food you support the Slovenian farmer and the entire Slovenian economy
- we are becoming more self-sufficient – if food imports from abroad are failing, we have a domestic solution,
- avoid crowding in the store – this is very convenient in the current situation as it avoids the risk of virus transmission.
In the project Go2Farms so can you.
Change your habits, shop locally, like the Go2Farms website at Facebook, share their posts, post a comment below the farm that sells on the site.
Would you also like to get involved in the project yourself and help? Visit https://www.go2farms.si/how-easy-pomagas/.