Coronavirus has deprived us of personal meetings with friends, but technology offers many ways out of this situation. For example, on weekends you can arrange a joint-online movie viewing on Netflix – all you need to do is install the Chrome browser extension called Netflix Party.
How to collaborate online watching movies on Netflix
Here's how it works: all meeting participants need to log into their Netflix accounts and select the movie they want, after which Netflix Party will synchronize its playback – you and your friends will see all the scenes at the same time.
Netflix Party also has a chat that is displayed on the side of the main screen (just like live chat on YouTube), so you can chat in real time.
Download extension Netflix party.
- Open Netflix and enable the movie.
- In this case, the Netflix Party extension icon located next to the address bar should change color from gray to red. Click on it.
- A pop-up window will appear with the suggestion Create a Netflix Party. You can either independently control the playback of the movie, or let the whole company do it. Click Start the party.
- Another popup with a link will appear. Click Copy URL and share it with your friends. If necessary, this link can be obtained again by clicking on the Netflix Party extension icon.
- Netflix Party will automatically assign you an image. If you click on it, then you can choose another option. You can change the nickname.
- Follow the link sent by a friend.
- Click on the Netflix Party icon.