HyperX has just announced the new expansion of its line of Cloud gaming headsets with the addition of the new Cloud Alpha S Blackout, maintaining the main lines of the design, they choose to a new shiny black color, the incorporation of a custom virtual 7.1 surround sound, and the presence of an advanced audio control mixer to easily turn on surround sound and adjust the microphone between game and chat.
HyperX Cloud Alpha S Blackout Specifications
- Controller: 50mm dynamic speaker with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, closed at the rear
- Frequency response: From 13 Hz to 27,000 Hz
- Impedance: 65 Ω
- Acoustic pressure: 99 dBSPL / mW at 1 kHz
- Harmonic distortion: <1%
- Connectivity: 1 meter cable with 3.5 mm jack connection (4 poles) and 2 meter cable with mixer control with USB-A output
- Weight: 310 grams (321 grams with microphone)
- Microphone: Electret Capacitor
- Polar pattern: Bidirectional with noise cancellation
- Frequency response: From 50 to 18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -38 dBV (0 dB = 1 V / Pa, 1 kHz)
Cloud Alpha S Blackouts use dual camera technology to separate the bass from the mids and treble for more accurate audio during gameplay. Although we can also make quick adjustments through our own mechanical controller, which will allow us to change between three levels of bass adjustment at any time.
Thus, other main characteristics of the brand are maintained with a cushion of foam covered in extra breathable synthetic leather, a robust aluminum frame and headband, and the great comfort section that we have already highlighted in the reviews of other HyperX products.
In addition, it is a detail that in addition to the headphones themselves and their removable microphone, this time we will also have the presence of a set of additional fabric pads and a cloth bag to transport them.
The HyperX Cloud Alpha S Blackout headphones are available for 130 € through HyperX's network of retail stores and e-commerce, which we can find through the brand's own website.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation caused by COVID-19, the company has already warned that there may be some small delays in product delivery times, although they are already working on measures to work with their suppliers and minimize this impact, guaranteeing the availability and delivery of its products.