Intel has just officially launched the 10th generation Intel Core S-series desktop processor, the most prominent of which is the flagship i9-10900K, which Intel claims is the fastest gaming CPU. world with maximum clock speed of up to 5.3 GHz, integrated 10 cores, 20 threads.
Intel Core i9-10900K belongs to the processor family that allows unlocking multiplier, overclocking support, and the maximum default clock speed can be up to 5.3 GHz (single core) and 4.9 GHz (full core). . This CPU has a total of 10 cores, 20 threads, supports DDR4-2933 RAM, 14nm ++ process.
The i9-10900K features the new Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0, which provides automatic performance enhancement on low-threaded applications, while hyper-threading control on the core allows experienced overclockers to overclock. Experts decide which threads to turn on or off.
According to Intel, the biggest improvements in this generation include:
- Performance up to 187 fps while streaming content while playing PUBG, up 63% fps performance when playing games compared to PCs 3 years ago running i7-7700K.
- Edit video 12% faster than Intel generation 9 (i9-9900K) and 15% faster than PCs 3 years ago running i7-7700K.
- 4K video editing is 18% faster than the 9th generation Intel (i9-9900K) and 35% faster than the 3-year-old PC running i7-7700K.
- Overall system performance is up to 31% better than 3-year-old PCs running i7-7700K.
- Intel Thermal Velocity Boost: Gamers and content creators get a performance boost in both single-core and multi-core tasks with up to 5.3 GHz.
- Intel Hyperthreading Technology: Available on all 10th-generation Intel Core processors from i3 to i9.
- Improved Core & Memory Overclocking: Gain maximum control overclocking the processor and key system components with features enabled on 10th Generation Intel Core processors. Unlocked and overclockable.
- Intel Ethernet Connection I225: Now available on 10th generation platform, 2.5G Intel Ethernet Connector I225 provides 2X faster network speed than 1GB Ethernet speed on existing cabling .
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201: Integrated into 10-generation Intel Core processors for desktops, Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig +) provides responsive gaming, downloads nearly 3 times faster and More reliable connection. Delivering the best-in-class experience with the freedom and flexibility to play games or be creative at home or at work.
Desktop 10-generation Intel Core S-series processors are expected to be available globally in May.
Along with the Core i9-10900K, Intel also announced a series of Intel 10-series Comet Lake-S chips for Desktop that range from i9, i7, i5, i3 to common processors such as Pentium, Celeron.
In a move to compete with AMD, Intel has significantly reduced the price of its latest 10-generation CPUs, unfortunately, these CPUs will use the new LGA 1200 socket so it is not backward compatible with socket 1151. Synonymous with the fact that you have to equip new motherboards using 400 series chipsets instead of using them with Z390, B360 / 365 boards … This is also the reason, a series of main brands such as Asus, MSI, … have launched new motherboards. Use Z490 chipset today.