The end of the calendar and business year is the reason for discussing with the leading people from advertising, media and PR agencies the goals achieved in the previous year, the plans for 2020, as well as the “factor of the environment”, in which those same plans should be realized. This time, the honor went to Mija Gacnik Krpic, CEO of the agency Futura DDB… Nenad Danilovic spoke
How has 2019 been for your agency? What are some of the significant projects and activities your agency has implemented over the past year?
– 2019 is the year for Futuru was successful. We have done several extensive and award-winning projects. The project The Milk Books, which we made for Spar Slovenia, received the award Golden Sempler for innovative use of the communication channel and ranked among the top 25 works in the region – BalCannes 2019. We are proud of the new one Red Dot award, which we received for bottle design gin Monologue and of course the title designer of the decade, received by ours Jarin Kerin.
We received an award for Best Performer on Someone 2019, and much of the year was focused on the project The Cleanest Font, who we are withEcologists without borders“Made in 2018, but in 2019, in addition to many awards, he entered the shortlisted at New York Festivals. The renovation was a very demanding project Eco harmony, a portal intended for subsidies and loans for environmental investments, which includes, not only a simple refurbishment of the website, but above all, the integration of three back-end systems for collecting and processing data and reporting. Part of our team is the media star of the future, the winner of the eponymous award at Sempl, Darja Mravinec.
Of course, more than any award means satisfied customers, who with our help achieve better business results and excel in the market. S Lesninom we celebrated 70 years of work, for Gourmet Ljubljana we have prepared a comprehensive graphic design and website… The year is over with good results and new tasks for 2020.
How do you rate the previous business year in the market communications industry? What are the most significant business temptations you encountered in 2019?
– If I recapitulate the first answer, last year was on our side, so I can evaluate the development of the industry as positive. However, if I were to evaluate a longer period of time, I can conclude that clients today are less courageous than they were 10, 15 or 20 years ago. Just last year we celebrated the 30th anniversary of Future and on this occasion gave a little insight into the past and our work over the past years. It surprised us that many of the content, from TV ads to other solutions that have been successful in the past, would not “go away” today, as clients are afraid of public lynching and dare not do such things.
In this age of fierce competition, in the flood of visual stimuli that advertisers and brands bombard users with and struggle for hundreds of seconds of their attention to keep their fingers crossed on our content – we should be brave. When, if not now?
What are your suggestions and recommendations for improving the conditions in which market communication agencies operate? List the three most important factors for improving the position of communications agencies in the Slovenian business environment
– I think so pitch's the pain point of all agencies. It happens that for pitch we spend more than 1000 Euro internal hours at some external cost but then the client discovers that he has hurried off the pitch and decides that the project will not be realized.
Also, I find it not good that the client has pitch for each project, it is better instead to build long-term relationships with one or fewer agencies.
Just as we need to get to know people in private relationships, which takes time, so building an agency-client relationship takes time to develop a partnership to the point that delivers the best results and synergy.
If both teams have to constantly get used to new people, new directions, ways of working and communicating, there is simply no way to grow together and all the results it brings.
My advice to agencies and clients would be:
1. Less pitch
2. Pay more attention to long-term cooperation and partnerships
3. To provide your clients with a complete solution, not partial fixes that only bind to sales results or are short-lived.
What are your expectations for 2020 in terms of business conditions in the market communications industry? Do you have any significant plans for the current year that you can present to the public?
– As for 2020, we are inspired by optimism. Internally, we will focus on internal processes and a fluid organizational model that, of course, aims to increase productivity and creativity with the same measure of job satisfaction and adaptation to changes that occur within our business.
Compared to the competition, Futura stands out for its high internal culture and extremely low staff turnover, which is very rare in agencies. We would like to continue to achieve good business results and make outstanding projects while maintaining a good indoor climate.
Wish something to your clients and all future advertisers in 2020
– Be brave and build long-term relationships with partners who are with you in all situations.
Author: Nenad Danilovic
Source: Advertiser Serbia