U At the moment, there are 12 people in Serbia confirmed to be infected with a corona. Serbia, compared to other countries in Europe, keeps things under control, which can be thanks to the measures taken. State service they are working responsibly and zealously, keeping this epidemic from exploding. This was stated at an extraordinary press conference by the President of Serbia after the meeting he held after the State Summit, the Government and all relevant people in the system regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
– Everything we have said and done so far confirms that we have good access. We have indicated that we need a serious and responsible approach but do not panic. We listened to the profession, it was not the politicians who made the decisions, but the most expert in the country. I am not a doctor, nor is Ana Brnabic, to be better than the experts who saved lives – said the President.
READ MORE – These are the phone numbers to turn to if you suspect you have the virus corona
He said that from 21 January to 10 March. surveillance covered 71 thousand passengers, 2,234 vehicles, and only 1025 aircraft. That 265 passengers are assigned surveillance, and only during yesterday the number being supervised is 29.
Today, he said, there was talk of what was done and what would be done next.
The president said that the virus was not yet known and urged that hygiene be taken care of, that all travelers who were abroad or had contact with persons from abroad were taking care and reporting to the relevant services.
– We keep the growth curve of the diseased stable, even in relation to much more developed countries. To people who did not seek vacations and sick leave but who wanted to help the population. They have dealt with the problem – said Vucic. – I ask people not to go to public institutions. We can’t make up for so much soap. This is the real truth whether you like it or not. Soap and tolalet are being stolen in public places. It is not true that there are no soaps, but that we need to supplement the soaps 12 times a day. When someone goes to the pharmacy and takes 100 asepsol, the question is why?
The president said that Serbia has enough respirators, and these are the key machines, as he said, that treat the diseased:
– We have hundreds of free respirators. One patient is currently on a respirator, while another has been taken off. That tells you how well and organized Serbia has prepared.
The president said he would seek further advice on China because, he says, they can most teach us how to fight it.
– Keeping people healthy is paramount. Hand washing is a key prevention. All doctors confirm this – said Vucic, congratulating the President of China for the fantastic results they have achieved in Wuhan.
– We will ask people not to come to Serbia for a while, we cannot stop everything, but we have taken new precautions. Serbia has prepared itself well and organized – said Vucic, emphasizing once again the importance of hand washing.
He announced a measure to ban public gatherings indoors, but that we will not close schools for the time being. All matches will be played without an audience. Controls at all border crossings will be strengthened, some temporary ones will be closed, but all large crossings will operate normally for better control. He also appealed our people from abroad not to come at Easter, to postpone weddings and baptisms.
READ MORE – HOW TO PROTECT YOUR VIRUSES: These are the most important MEASURES that everyone should apply
– I'll tell you an example from Kikinda, where we have the only patient who is in the so-called. serious condition. It is a patient who was suffering from other kidney diseases and only later told us he was in Milan – he said. – Just tell us if you were in crisis areas, we should not allow coronavirus to enter our surgery. Also tell us to keep you safe. I can't stand the charges on these doctors.
– I ask people not to go to institutions and I ask people to act responsibly. Our biggest problem is the full protection of health care workers, they will have special incentives and even rewards when the whole period passes – said Vucic. – We have no other problems, in the past few days we have had more cases of dying from seasonal flu, which has killed 137 people since 2009, and today due to other diseases, we have problems with one patient.
As he says, the most important thing is that sensitive groups of people are specially guarded.
– We cannot catch this virus, but all the measures we take aim to reduce the possibility of rapid spread of the infection – said Vucic.
PREDRAG KON: CLOSING SCHOOLS ARE unnecessary and undesirable at the moment
Epidemiologist Predrag Kon said that we are at the beginning of the transmission of a new virus, and at the very beginning we know how the disease came about.
“The situation is still under control, but we expect local transmission to come soon,” Cohn said.
As he says, it is most important to know the measures to slow the transmission.
– The whole aim of the fight is to save lives and diseases from severe forms. The health system's ability will be seen in action. A huge number of people examine every contact and immediately carry out patients and prevent explosive transmission – said Kon, adding that if we can slow it down we will have less severe cases.
According to him, it is good that the gatherings are reduced to less than 100 people, he also added, this disease did not show severe form in school children, but it will continue with monitoring
“In consultation with the education ministry, if we notice anything related to missing or registering flu-like symptoms, we will consider closing schools,” said Kon.
BRANISLAV TIODOROVIC: CITIZENS CAN MAKE MUCH CONTRIBUTION TO THE HEALTH SYSTEM
Dr Branislav Tiodorovic from the Public Health Institute in Nis, said that the health teams had to find all the contacts the lady who lives in Vuhan had made.
– We have seen that the disease usually passes with a slight image, but also persons who have a mild image can move and pass it on to other people – said Dr Tiodorovic.
As she says, they know that the girl had 24 contacts being examined.
– Citizens need to understand that we are all in the same task together. Citizens need to show a much higher level of trust in the health system, and cooperate in accordance with the provisions. They can ask everything and be informed. I expect you to make a greater contribution than the health system – said Dr Tiodorovic.
DR GORAN STEVANOVIC: CITIZENS WITH SYMPTOMS TO REPLY AND NOT HIDE WHERE THEY WERE, THE MOST VIRUS SUBMITS TO CHRONIC PATIENTS
Director of the KCS Infectious Diseases Clinic Goran Stevanovic urged citizens today to be responsible and to report to health care institutions if they know they have had high-risk contacts and if they have their first symptoms. He also says that recognizing the virus corona is not only a task for healthcare professionals, but for all citizens.
“Self-responsibility has proven to be a big problem,” he said, adding that citizens should not conceal information about their travels and contacts and hide it from doctors who expect help.
It is very important, he adds, to recognize each case and to record it, that is, to make a listing of all contacts in order to slow down the number of those who were ill, otherwise they would not be able to prevent disease and serious forms of the disease.
He noted that the most difficult situation was for those who did not immediately report or have or have other associated diseases.
Stevanovic states that younger people are well tolerated by the coronary virus, with the most severely chronic patients, for whom it is important to receive health care as soon as possible.
Only in this way can we reduce the deaths from the virus corona to the measure of countries that have successfully done so, such as China.
“We also expect a greater number of patients and more complicated cases, ”he added, noting that there is capacity and enough trained staff to handle it.
The meeting was attended by the Minister of Health Zlatibor Loncar, Minister of Education Mladen Sarcevic, Minister of Tourism Rasim Ljajic, Minister of Interior Nebojsa Stefanovic, Minister of Construction Zorana Mihajlovic, Minister of Economy Goran Knezevic, NBS Governor Jorgovanka Tabakovic and PKS President.