Unifarm comes with details about the registration that appeared in the online environment regarding an alleged import offer from China of some medical masks, from a businessman from Cluj.
The company also draws attention to the fact that, lately, information about certain contracts in which Unifarm was not a party has been published in the press.
CN Unifarm SA found the appearance in the online environment of a registration that a businessman from Cluj had with workers from our company, regarding an alleged offer of import of a quantity of medical masks from China.
On this subject we would like to make some clarifications:
– lately, amid the spread of the coronavirus epidemic, many companies have shown their willingness to change their profile in order to import medical protective equipment, claiming that they have relations with producers or exporters from countries such as Turkey, China or South Korea. . Most of them asked for the conclusion of framework contracts under which to obtain the necessary documents for the export, as well as advance payments.
– National Company Unifarm S.A. was granted by the Romanian state on 16.03.2020 a fund to help ensure the necessary for the emergency situation and we cannot waste it on advances for imports for which we have no control, in the hope that we will recover this money. Recovery could take place over large intervals of time, when the state of emergency has ended and our beneficiaries cannot use them when the need is greatest. From this fund, it was necessary that in a very short time we contract all the products necessary to counter this threat.
– In the short period since our company became involved in this campaign, we have concluded several supply contracts with various companies, with producers from the respective countries or, most of the times, directly with states willing to help us. We estimate that they will cover in a short period of time the necessities of our country, considering that we are not the only institution acting on the market on behalf of the Romanian state.
– Time is, moreover, one of the three elements we take into account when concluding a transaction (I would say a prime factor), in this period when all the rules of the market are over the head. The other two are quality and price. The payment of advances must also take into account these factors, as many companies now claim that they have links with manufacturers of such products, but the goodness of these importers in the market of medicines and medical devices is not known, for the simple fact that they have never acted on this market.
Moreover, in this case, it is a company that had imported fireplaces.
– In this complicated period for the market of medicines and medical devices, we have faced various situations, from seized goods to borders, to the refusal of some states to grant export licenses, so we prefer contracts with companies that already have the reserved goods or even in warehouses, instead of those who do not yet have firm offers.
– Another element that we want to bring to the attention of the press is that several state or private organizations, as well as different health institutions or from the local administration, humanitarian organizations buy medical products during this period, each having its own criteria and rules for procurement. , regarding the price, quality, delivery time of the goods or the chosen partners. Recently, information about various contracts in which CN Unifarm SA was not a party has appeared in the press.