The corona virus continues its progress. In Sweden, over 4900 people have been infected and 239 have died as a result of the infection.
This is a higher figure than in our neighboring countries:
- In Finland, 17 people have died as a result of the virus, according to Yle.
- Norway has 44 people dead as a result of the virus, according to NRK.
- Denmark has killed 101 people as a result of the virus, according to The Local.
Now Sweden's state epidemiologist says Anders Tegnell why he believes that Sweden has been hit harder than its neighbors, writes Aftonbladet.
Tegnell believes that there are several possible explanations as to why Sweden has more corona deaths than neighboring countries.
Among other things, he believes that the countries are in different stages of development.
– We are close to Denmark and significantly below some other countries. But we are higher than Finland and Norway. We are clearly at different stages in this development, ”Tegnell told Aftonbladet.
– And in Norway it is mainly another age group that has suffered so far, as it looked in Sweden a couple of weeks ago. We will see how developments continue in Norway, if they succeed better than we have done in protecting our elderly.
Seems that Sweden's strategy works
Sweden has handled the corona virus differently than the other Nordic countries. Fewer restrictions have been introduced here, a strategy that, according to Tegnell, seems to work.
– I think the curve we have had so far shows that we have had an effect, because in many other countries it has gone up much faster, he says to Aftonbladet.
Read more: This is how the corona virus attacks – divided into four different categories
Read more: Woman cared for corona – received hospital bill of 350,000