Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic made a guest appearance on Radio-Television Serbia on “Eye” tonight, stating that he would propose tomorrow to the Crisis Staff to combat the spread of coronavirus infection that the ban on movement would be in force from tomorrow at 6 pm to 5 am, Vucic stressed that a state of emergency could be lifted next week, after which there would be no curfew.
– We have done a great job, here from Monday life in Serbia is slowly returning to normal. I see everyone talking about the Swedish model, so now I ask them what they would say if, in proportion to them, we have 3,000 dead each. We did everything we could to protect the elderly and we did it responsibly. You see the situation from abroad, we did not have a fight in the shops, we did not have a shortage. Many good things have been done, but I know no one will admit it. We got more than 1.00 clinical respirators, and we counted the number of clinical and anesthetic respirators in the number we had… We were able to save the life of the nation, we worked hard, we fought – said Vucic.
Then the president of Serbia addressed the ban on movement and how long it will last.
– Until now, we have always listened to the profession and made decisions according to their recommendations. Apparently doctors for all were heroes at the beginning when there was great danger, and as the situation got better, then the attacks started. I asked them about these measures five times, Ana Brnabic and I would come to the profession with the suggestion that the ban on movement would start at 6 pm tomorrow at 5 am on Saturday. And there will be a ban on gathering for more than five people. It will be twice the curfew than we expected, and there will be no ban on retirees. They will have the opportunity to go to the streets twice an hour at any time – Vucic said and continued:
– Everyone will be able to be on the streets from 5am to 6pm on Saturday, while retired people will then have an hour to walk. We will suggest that, I think everyone will be satisfied, it is rational. Now the owners of cafes and restaurants will have all weekend to prepare everything for the reopening of these facilities, which is scheduled for Monday.
– SRBIN info (@srbininfo) April 29, 2020
Vucic commented on the criticism he received about the introduction of the state of emergency without the Assembly.
– We were among the last to introduce a state of emergency and withdraw children from schools and kindergartens. They criticized us for not introducing it, and when we did, they asked us why we had introduced a state of emergency. We introduced it so that the military would provide all the facilities and the question arises whether a state of emergency should have been introduced. The question is whether this should have been done in the Assembly or the way we did it. The Constitution states that when the Assembly cannot convene, then the decision is made by the President, Prime Minister and President of the Assembly, and it is emphasized that the decision is taken by the Assembly when it meets. And that this state of emergency can last no longer than three months.
“We didn't lie about the death toll”
Aleksandar Vucic emphasized that the confinement of the elderly in the homes was necessary to preserve their lives.
– We made that decision to save lives. We are not sinless, we have done everything to preserve the people and to keep our elders safe. We have seen who is most vulnerable, because in recent days only older people have been dying. At the beginning of the pandemic, there were younger people who had diabetes and now only our parents are victims. To us, their lives were paramount and I am not ashamed of that statement. We finished three things in an exceptional way, which I will be proud of for the rest of my life. At no point did we agree on the death toll. For example, for the first three months of this year, a thousand people died less than last year.
“It's more important for them to whistle than to applaud the doctors”
Many citizens of Serbia have raised their voice these days against the President of Serbia, so every night from 20.05 they are whistling, showing their discontent by hitting the sherds, chanting…
– I'm a political veteran, I'm used to it all, I have no problem. Only one thing hurts me, because the doctors have lost their applause, since these people start at 20.02 because it is more important for them to whistle for as long as possible. And it hurts me. They showed that they were not interested in unity, and the political leaders who organized this showed how irresponsible they are – said Vucic.
“We will be among the three countries in terms of economic growth”
Vucic said confidently that Serbia would be at the top in Europe after the coronavirus in terms of economic growth.
– We will be among the three countries in terms of economic growth, and we will look to be the first. A year ago, this could not have been imagined when it came to economics, but only in basketball or water polo could we be at the very top.
When it comes to economic measures, Vucic pointed out that a figure of 100 euros came to help citizens.
– If we said 99, you would ask why 99 euros. This amount is significant for the poor, for the farmers – said Vucic, pointing out that it would not cost citizens to apply for the said 100 euros, but he reiterated that he would not apply for the said amount.
Minimum payment from May 7th
Vucic also said that the payment of the minimum to the citizens would be paid on May 7.
– I have exclusive news, good news for citizens, which is that on May 7, the payment of the minimum for the assistance to businesses begins – he said, adding that additional measures are being prepared for hoteliers and farmers.
IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF THE CENTER PRODUCTION AND THE WORK OF THE “SRBIN.INFO” PORTAL, THE DONATIONS CAN BE PAID BY THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!